Accessible Buses UK
The following cookies used are used by us or third-parties, such as Google AdSense
- 'CookieConsentBanner' - This just means you dont have to dismiss the cookie banner on every page.
- 'csrftoken' - This one is used to verify the source of any forms and such.
- 'sessionid' - This one ties into our account system and just means that you don't have to keep signing in.
- '_gads' - This one is from Google AdSense. It is used to detect fraud and help provide adverts.
- '_ga' - This one is from Google Analytics. It is used to store and count pageviews.
Last Updated 26th January 2022
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Accessible Buses UK. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices regarding your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
In this privacy notice, if we refer to:
- "Website", we are referring to ‘accessible-buses.co.uk’
- “Services”, we are referring to our website
This privacy notice details what information we collect from you, how we store it, and how we will use it. Please read this notice carefully to ensure your understanding.
What information fo we collect?
Personal information you disclose to usIn short: we collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information voluntarily provided to us in the following scenarios:
- When you express an interest in obtaining information about us and/or the buses featured on our site;
- When you participate in activities on our website;
- When you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interaction with us and the website. This may include the following:
- Email addresses (for the ‘Contact Us’ form);
- Your Display Name (Can be different from your username);
- Other similar information.
Information automatically collectedIn short: some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as:
- Your IP address;
- Browser and device characteristics;
- Operating system;
- Language preferences;
- Referring URLs;
- Device name;
- Information about how and when you use our website;
- And other technical information.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Most of this information is ignored and voided.
We also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes log and usage data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information, which our servers automatically collect when you access or use our website and record in log files.
Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include:
- Your IP address;
- Device information;
- Browser type and settings;
Information about your activity on the website, such as:
- When you access our website (date/time stamps);
- Website searches and page views;
- Files accessed;
- Website features used.
Device event information, such as:
- System activity;
- Error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’);
- Hardware settings.
How do we use your information?
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of purposes, and indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on in the list below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users.
- For other business purposes, such as: data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing, and to evaluate and improve our website, products, marketing, and consumer experience. We may use and store this information in an aggregated and anonymised form, so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
If you do not wish to disclose your personal information, anonymous profiles are available, and you may use an alias.
Who will your information be shared with?
We only share and disclose the information you have voluntarily provided us with to the following third parties:
- Google AdSense (for marketing)
- Google Analytics (for web and mobile analytics).
We will only use the name you have provided, be it your own, an alias, or anonymous.
As such, our website may contain advertisements from third parties that we are not affiliated with, which may link to other websites, online services, or mobile applications. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to these third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the website. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
How long do we keep your information?In short: we keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 90 days.
Names or alias' are kept on the site for as long as the rating is posted, should you want your rating removed or edit, please contact us through the contact page and we will work to remove it for you. Only the site developers have access to IP addresses which are wiped at the end of each quarter (so March, June, September, December)
What are your privacy rights?
All information is kept in line with GDPR laws and can be removed at your request.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
Controls for Do-Not-Track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognising and implementing DNT signals has been finalised. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
Do we make updates to this notice?
We may update this privacy notice from time-to-time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you by either prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
If you would like us to review, update, or delete the personal data you have provided us with, contact us.